Processing and Shipping an Order
When editing an order within WooCommerce, a new accordion tab labelled DHL will appear. This is where we’ll be working for this guide.
Shipping Settings Section
- Ship From Address allows you to choose from which of your locations (if you have setup multiple locations) this order will ship from.
- Package Type allows you to choose different packaging options for this order. For small items or documents, ‘DHL Envelope’ will suffice. For larger items, the recommended option is ‘Own Packaging’.
- Reason for Shipment – in most cases, the appropriate option would be ‘Permanent’.
- Shipping Contents – general description of the products you are shipping.
- Incoterms – or International Commercial Terms – is a set of rules defined on a global scale. Click here for a more detailed explanation of Incoterms. The recommended setting for most shippers will be ‘DAP – Delivered at Place’.
You will see product fields populated with the items that your customer has purchased. The fields will be populated with the Product Name, HS Tariff Number, Country of Manufacture, Quantity ordered, Price, Weight, Length, Width, and Height. Adding additional products to be shipped will be covered in another section.
- Click on ‘Create Package(s)’ to automatically generate the number of packages required to ship your order. Package generation takes into consideration the dimensions and the weight of the items being shipped.
- The page will refresh and you will see a notification telling you that the packages have been generated successfully. Adding additional packages will be covered in another section.
- Click on ‘Confirm Package Size(s)’ to send the package information to DHL. DHL receives that information and sends back available shipping methods, shipping costs, and estimated delivery dates.
Shipping Service & Insurance
- Shipping insurance can be set by default in the Settings panel or it can be overridden on a per-order basis by toggling ‘Enable insurance for …’
- Read through the table of available shipping methods; to select a method, click the radio button beside the method you’d like to choose.
- Choose the expected shipping date by selecting a shipping date under ‘Choose Shipping Date’.
- Click on ‘Create Shipment’ to generate your DHL shipping label.
Now that the shipment has been created, you can print the shipping label and commercial invoice (if required).
Your order has been fulfilled and is ready to ship with DHL!